Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner!

I could eat breakfast for dinner every day! I grew up eating eggs in every form and it's a good thing I did because my husband despised eggs when I met him. I was able to show him the way. They are so versatile and easy to cook. Even the most ill-equipped chef can scramble some eggs!

Trust me, I had more bacon than this. 
Unlike in many Asian cultures, the typical American breakfast does not usually include vegetables. If they are present, they are usually wrapped up in a cheesy omelet. That simply won't do! I believe that we need to incorporate as many healthful foods into our breakfast as possible. It sets the stage for the whole day -- both mentally and nutritionally.

Last night I fried up some bacon and scrambled four duck eggs and two chicken eggs for the two of us. We also lightly sauteed bok choy, green peppers, red onions, cabbage, carrot, and garlic in the delicious bacon grease. This completed our breakfast dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment