Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend #1 of Challenge - Round 2

This was one of my more successful weekends so far!
My favorite dish we made was a stir fry . I first cooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the pressure cooker. Then I stir fried onions, peppers, fresh green beans, red and green cabbage. We made a sauce out of (mostly) stock from the pressure cooker and tamarind concentrate. Delicious!

For the week we made:

  • Tuna Salad - omega 3 flax mayo, lemon juice, hard boiled egg, spices
  • Spaghetti Squash w/meat sauce 
  • Baked Salmon
  • Taco Egg bake - bacon, onion, pepper, homemade taco seasoning
  • Plenty of fruits and veggies for snacking!
I still have a pork tenderloin and chicken thighs that need cooking. I plan to do that tonight or tomorrow! I will likely marinade the pork tenderloin prior to searing and baking it. 

Day #8, Monday, September 26
Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs
Turkey sausage patty

Lunch - Salad Bar
Giant salad - greens, tomato, jalapenos, grated beets, squash, carrot, chipotle dressing
Meatball soup
1/2 small sweet potato w/ bacon, chives and salsa

Dinner
Spaghetti Squash
Meat Sauce - beef, onion, pepper, spices, tomato sauce (no salt added)

No comments:

Post a Comment