Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Paleo Meatloaf

Excuse the phone photo!  
Dr. Loren Cordain has published a number of Paleo Diet books, all of which have quite a few recipes. I've experimented with many of them and one of my favorites is the Paleo Meatloaf. Ever since switching to the Paleo Diet, I crave meat and veg instead of breads and sweets. Nothing is more satisfying to me than a hunk of meat!

This Sunday I prepared, among other things, meatloaf to get us through the week. I modified Dr. Cordain's recipe slightly:

Paleo Correct Meatloaf
1lb Ground Turkey
1lb Ground Beef
2 finely grated carrots (water squeezed out)
1/2 green pepper, diced
2 onions, finely chopped
1/2c chopped parsley
1/2c chopped cilantro
3 eggs, beaten (omega 3)
Homemade Taco Seasoning

If you don't squeeze the excess water from the veggies, your meatloaf will fall apart. It'll still be yummy, but hard to eat with a fork! Sometimes we make meatballs with the same recipe, but meatloaf is much less work.

No comments:

Post a Comment