Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lettuce Wraps Galore

On the paleo diet, us cavepeople tend to eat alot of salads and veggies. We find it easier to maintain continued consumption when there's varying textures and  meat present! So, I try to find different ways to deliver the salad so we don't feel the salad slump.

This past week I made slider lettuce wraps as a salad departure. My husband raved about them! I used fresh green leaf lettuce, raw thinly sliced onion, tomatoes, and grated carrot. Each wrap contained around 1/6lb slider. Yummm!! This hand salad definitely doesn't disappoint.

You can use this same method for all kinds of sandwich  bread and tortilla-based dishes. I've found statistics that state Americans eat 45 billion sandwiches a year, or almost 200 each. Imagine what we'd do for ourselves if we ate just a few less sandwiches a week? I'll eventually talk about the advantage avoiding processed carbs in the form of grains and pastas, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment