|Egg Salad Wraps|
Our meal mainstays:
- Egg bake or scramble
- Tuna, turkey, or egg salad
- Meatloaf or meatballs - beef, turkey, chicken, or combo
- Marinated Slaw - any combination of cabbage, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh herbs, and occassionally nuts and dried fruits
- Taco wraps - ground meat, homemade taco seasoning, greens for wrap
- Soups - carrot, pumpkin, pear, apple, or any combination of veggies and meat along with homemade stocks and seasonings.
- Stir Fry or curries
- Baked or grilled fish - right now we have plenty of salmon straight from Alaska. We also buy tilapia, tuna, flounder, or any other fish that's on sale.
- Smoothies - fruits, flax meal, and greens (primarily kale). We add primal fuel when weightlifting and working out.
- Homemade pasta sauce and spaghetti squash. We will also try our hand at veggie noodles in the form of zucchini/yellow squash as well as onion, etc.
- Salads, salads, salads. Using dressing comprised of either oils and freshly squeezed citrus juices or my favorite Paleo Dressing.
Other meal items that are meant to be eaten only on occasion:
- Muffins. Using nut and coconut flours and honey or agave nectar for sweetener. Fruits can also be used as a sweetening agent.
- Trail Mix
- Bacon, sausage
- Uncured, natural chicken hot dogs
- Dark chocolate
- Beans - usually in the form of hummus or additional protein in chilis or soups.
- Yogurts - probiotics
I certainly have other meal ideas and recipe adaptations I plan to test in my kitchen and with the husband. Our meal plans will continue to shift and improve. Now that we have a remodeled kitchen, it has only gotten easier for us to prepare a weeks worth of food together. (Before and after photos to come!!)